How to make a recovery disk (DVD)

MKS 17:30 24 Jul 05

I have just completed rebuilding my PC win xp (pro), all related drivers and some software. The system is working very well. I would like to make an image of the hard disk (recovery disk) on DVD. Can some tell me how it's done.

Thank you all

Jeddah 17:52 24 Jul 05

Use a ghosting program , such as Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image (free with a rival magazines covermount)

MKS 17:58 24 Jul 05

Thank you for your response Jeddah. I have got Norton Ghost but never used it. Is it for making disk image and will it back up the operating system as well.

Jeddah 18:09 24 Jul 05

It will back up everything on the disk , or partition.

You can either make a straight copy "image" onto another disk , the second disk becomes a mirror image of the first, or make a backup which basically makes a compressed copy onto a cd/dvd/2nd hard drive that you can store for emergencies.

Make sure its a recent copy, I think Ghost 2003 onwards had support for NTFS disks, read the help files and check.

MKS 18:13 24 Jul 05

Thanks for your time Jeddah. It's Norton Ghost 2004. I will give it a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…