How to make recovery cd of my own

Ramanand 04:58 24 Sep 08

i am using winxp service pack 2. i need to make a recovery cd of my laptop. so that i can use it when system crashes..

so please tell me how do i go with

Taff™ 06:25 24 Sep 08

Make and Model of the laptop would help. There may be a piece of software that can do this already installed. These days most new laptops require you to burn your own recovery disks but you can only do this once.

The best way to accomplish this is with Acronis True image. This software will take an exact snapshot of your drive which you can back up to an external hard drive and restore in cases of emergency. click here

pj123 12:24 24 Sep 08

I use xxclone. This does exactly the same job as Acronis but it is free!

Download it from:

click here

bluto1 19:30 24 Sep 08

If you see this, thank you for the link. I was going to open another thread but you sorted it for me. I just knew it was out there somewhere. Thanks mate.

Terry Brown 19:45 24 Sep 08

if you have the original xp cd, do the following:
download autostreamer click here put your xp cd in the drive and run the program, it will use your xp cd and the updates from your computer to build a new cd image, burn this to a new cd and job done.
terry

DieSse 02:14 25 Sep 08

xxclone makes an exact duplicate of a hard drive on another hard drive. It does not write to CDs or DVDs.

See the last item in their FAQs.

Acronis True Image will create a drive Image to CDs/DVDs. It's excellent.

DriveImage XML has a free version and does similar thigs. I can't vouch for it as I haven't used it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos