How to make OE the default e-mail?

TommyRed 16:14 17 Jan 04

Been fiddling around getting the 4 users on this PC there own e-mail accounts, also activated Outlook but as far as I know never made it default, just had a look around it. Now mailwasher wont send mail to OE because it isn't the default e-mail program, how do I make it so (Sounds a bit Star Trekky, that). TIA TR

Class57 16:25 17 Jan 04

Note Mailwasher [ FREE version ] only allows ONE email address

Diodorus Siculus 16:30 17 Jan 04

Open internet explorer.

Tools

internet options

programs tab

tell it Outlook Express.

Jester2K 16:33 17 Jan 04

Follow the error message in Mailwasher.

Tools menu, Options, Click Specify....

bretsky 16:43 17 Jan 04

Just amazes me how quick you people are to answer! Damn, you bet me to it!!!!

Yes! do all the above.....good luck
bretsky;0)

TommyRed 17:26 17 Jan 04

In both cases when reach end MS Outlook is the only option, and OE can't be added. TR

Jester2K 17:37 17 Jan 04

Select Outlook Express from the upper drop down list

or

specify the path to OE in the lower one. Click the ... button on the right to browse to OE - something like "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"

Chegs ® 17:41 17 Jan 04

Under Start / Run trying entering this C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /reg

This should set it as the default mail handler

From here click here

AndyJ 19:04 17 Jan 04

Chegs - should have a quote in front of the C i.e.
"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /reg

TommyRed 19:17 17 Jan 04

Your Tools>Options>specify seems to have worked, though I'm sure that option wasn't there when I originally tried it. I'd also tried the "C:\Program Files............... route so wether that had anything to do with it, I don't know. I'll start a new thread for my next query. Thanks all TR

Jester2K 19:22 17 Jan 04

"I'm sure that option wasn't there when I originally tried it"

Yeah they do that to me too..... Usually appear just after i've posted a thread asking "How do i.....???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…