how to make list stable.

elbecko 12:03 30 Dec 08

hello.

when you hit the 'start' button, a small menu pops up, doesn't it? well on the left side is a list of software,[utorrent, firefox, etc], however the list keeps changing all the time depending on what i have been using during the day.

my question is this: is there a way to make this menu stable? there are certain things i'd like on this list but many that i would not.
i'm always having to right click on certain ones and hitting 'remove from list'.

thanks.

MarvintheAndroid 12:18 30 Dec 08

You don't say which OS you are using.

The left hand side lists recently used programs, plus a couple which are displayed by default. You can't freeze the list, but you can limit it to only a few items.

If you right click on a blank bit of task bar and select properties you should get the Start Menu properties.

Click the tab for start menu, then click customise.

Set the number of programs to a lower number or zero.

Then click Advanced, and select those features you always want displayed. Click OK, OK.

Alternatively you could switch to Classic Start Menu.

Marv

woodchip 13:01 30 Dec 08

Why not just use Classic Mode! Right click on task bar\Properties to setup up your start program

elbecko 21:40 30 Dec 08

thanks for your help. i do use classic mode sometimes, i like changing things around a lot!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…