How to make a full system restore CD

Epirb406 09:06 01 May 04

Hi Folks,

This comes about as a result of trying to give someone some support with their PC (that I built) from a distance.

I see that if you buy an off the shelf PC, HP for instance it comes with a system restore disc which will reinstall windows and drivers for installed hardware. A one shot solution.

I have seen these discs deal with crashed and damaged installations and full clean installations on new hard disk, all virtually hands free.

Anyone know how this is done and how a numpty like me can make one?

Thanks all, Epirb.

Rayuk 09:36 01 May 04

Is this similar to what you are looking for
click here

Epirb406 10:00 01 May 04

Ray,
Looks like t, it also loks like I have been over ambitious about the amount of time I've got this morning.

Apologies, will revisit this this evening,

Many thanks, Epirb.

lamda 10:19 01 May 04

into my postings

billyliv 10:43 01 May 04

Added

paddyjack 12:32 01 May 04

Added

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:38 01 May 04

Not wishing to be 'off-topic' but why not go to the page and add the page to favourites? It can then be renamed memorably. Saves all the 'added to my postings' etc.

G

Gandalf, as always striking at the heart of the problem........

g0nvs 13:47 01 May 04

I use GHOST or DRIVE IMAGE, never have a problem. Either copy image to CD or DVD or even create a hidden partition on the HDD. Saves many hours re-installing everything bit by bit.A format and re-install here took me 32 mins from start to finish. Most PCs have large HDDs and/or CD writers these days, not to have a Restore Disc is criminal !!

Big Elf 13:50 01 May 04

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that link for a Linux boot CD?

Rayuk 14:34 01 May 04

No need to correct you,Google isnt infallible either.Will have to have another look round

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…