How to make a echo/sound service test call on Skype

ponytail 17:49 23 May 15

I seem unable to test my audio/visual connection when using Skype.I just used to click on Echo/Sound test service but now seem unable to get it even though it is still on my contacts list

northumbria61 06:58 24 May 15

Try this -

In your contacts - Select Echo/Sound Test Service - then under call tab select audio settings - adjust your volume settings by moving blue dot to right

ponytail 16:18 24 May 15

The blue dot is as far right as it can go

Ian in Northampton 20:41 24 May 15

Are the other audio functions on your computer working? A reason you can't find what you're looking for/make it work is that your PC is not detecting a sound device.

ponytail 13:34 31 May 15

For some reason now when I use the testing service I cannot get the camera to work as the camera icon at the bottom which says turn on video is not highlighted so all I have is the mic any ideas anyone

Ian in Northampton 14:07 31 May 15

That tells me your PC/Skype doesn't think you have a camera attached.

ponytail 14:57 31 May 15

What should I do in that case if you are correct

Ian in Northampton 17:13 31 May 15

Do you have a way of testing your camera? Some other application that uses it, or the driver that (presumably) came with it? I'm just wondering if e.g. a driver has become corrupt? What does Device Manager tell you?

ponytail 18:03 31 May 15

I tested the camera using webcam toy and it was fine.

Ian in Northampton 18:31 31 May 15

You never said if you resolved your sound problem - and if you did, how? I'm guessing you did. It may be worth reinstalling Skype, given the issues you've been having.

ponytail 20:53 24 Jun 15

I uninstalled skype and then had a ord with my son when he came round and he somehow sorted it out so thanks for your advice.I have reinstalled skype and it seems fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…