How to make a Broadband Wireless Connection

GRFT 12:15 09 Aug 06

Still on dial-up I've decided to switch to broadband at long last. I presently have a wireless connection with my USB modem - no wires anywhere between PC and phone socket and I want to maintain this feature.
But as far as I can see this isn't possible even using a wireless router. No matter what the configuration is there will always be wires from the phone socket to the router, and from the router to the PC.
Is that correct?

ed-0 12:28 09 Aug 06

No you are not correct.

You will just have wires from the phone socket to the router. The rest can be wirefree.

SteevScotland 12:32 09 Aug 06

Hi
You could always get a wireless modem/router. This would mean that you will only have one box. True you will still need to have a wire from the phone to the router but you would need that just now anyway. Aslong as your PC has wireless capabilites you won't need to have a wire to the PC from the router.

Cheers S

ed-0 12:52 09 Aug 06

My broadband WiFi router is in the loft. click here

Connected via a power socket in the loft and an telephone extension cable from the bedroom.

This supplies around 6 WiFied computers and a couple of games consoles.

Very easy to do;-)

GRFT 14:31 09 Aug 06

Thank you very much indeed. I'll now go ahead with a wireless router.

ade.h 16:47 09 Aug 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…