How long to port O2 contract no. to prepay

VNAM75 11:06 27 Aug 09

My O2 contract expired and I decided to transfer to O2 prepay and keep my existing number. I was given a pac code to transfer my old number onto a new prepay sim card which took place at 10am this morning.

After about 20 minutes I got a text to say the account is set up and ready to use but the sim is still showing the new mobile number not my old one. Does it normally take longer to transfer the number across?

VNAM75 11:10 27 Aug 09

"the sim is still showing the new mobile number"
I mean the phone settings

tullie 11:26 27 Aug 09

Ring the old number?

Daiol 11:41 27 Aug 09

I had same problem when i upgraded my old sim for a new 3g one.When i checked my phone details it showed the new sim card number,I have a motorola phone so there was an edit option to change that number to my old phone number and save it.You didn't say what phone you have,but have a look under the options section.I'm also with O2.
Good luck,Anyway if you fail to change the number its not a great problem anyway.
daiol.

VNAM75 12:42 27 Aug 09

Ringing the old number gets me to a voice message saying its an invalid number.

I have a sony ericson w800i. I did get a text from them 2 days ago saying it could take until 6pm for the number to port, but thats 8 hours in total, should not take that long.

I'll just ring O2 to check. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now