//some 3rd party need geo

How long must we live in the EU before most firms

Sapins 09:15 08 Jul 03

will deliver to European countries?
I would be grateful if anyone can give me the names of firms who will supply components for Self-Build to France.

Regards,
Sapins.

golfpro 09:25 08 Jul 03

This is not just items from England, I have trouble getting stuff from Germany into Austria. Part of the dificulty is I think that some companies have trading partners in other European countries and are not allowed under this agreement to send goods abroad.

Sir Radfordin 09:30 08 Jul 03

Are you looking for companies based elsewhere in the EU who will supply to France or French companies?

Sapins 09:43 08 Jul 03

Thanks for your responses golfpro and Sir Radfordin. As long as I can deal and pay in "English" it doesn't matter where they are based.

-pops- 10:56 08 Jul 03

This is not a deliberate attempt to be rude but, if you are in France, other than as a tourist, I think it a little parochial of you not to attempt to deal and pay in the local language.

When I worked in France it was vital that I spoke not only French but also the local Grassoise/Nicoise dialect to be able to communicate properly. The next stage of reading and writing came easily because of my prior knowledge of English.

Brian

Sapins 11:05 08 Jul 03

Hi pops. No offence taken. There are very few conpanies here that sell computer parts, hence the question ( they are also a lot more expensive)Also my French is not yet up to standard :-(

Regards,
Sapins

-pops- 11:12 08 Jul 03

I wasn't very computer savvy when I was there (up to 1996) but I do recall quite a few places in the back and side streets of both Nice and Cannes that sold electronic components. Likewise in Paris but, I wasn't so familiar with them. Based on this, I would have thought that a search around, away from the tourist areas of your nearest city would come up with something.

Sapins 11:30 08 Jul 03

I'll have a look round on the web, but, I'm not too hopeful of finding parts as cheap as the UK.

Thanks again to you all.

Regards,
Sapins.

Psiman 13:25 08 Jul 03

click here Prices are in Euros.

Sapins 17:17 08 Jul 03

Thanks for that Psiman.

wee eddie 20:25 08 Jul 03

are you an ex Digital employee by any chance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…