How long from launch to get onto Google?

Wanderfly 16:00 19 May 08

Hi all!
Just had my first stab at webdesign, used the website creator through 1and1.
Once I've launched it and they've sent the sitemap to google how long does it take for your website to appear in the results of a google search?
Many thanks,
Alex

Forum Editor 18:01 19 May 08

isn't really going to speed anything up. Google will find your site automatically, and there's no set period - it can happen in two weeks, or two months, it depends on when the Google spiders find it.

Your site hasn't been published to the server yet, so the process can't begin. Upload it, and let Google do the rest - they'll find you.

sean-278262 23:58 19 May 08

My site has been online for over 3months and we have still to appear in google, MSN search or yahoo. Give it time. If your impatient to get things started then it just wont work out.

Spend time adding content to your site to pass the time and check google and the like less often. When it does happen it will be so much nicer.Also the larger the site is the more likely you are to be found through a link from another website and therefore added to the crawlers indexed list.

Wanderfly 13:30 20 May 08

That's interesting, thanks all!

PC Advisor Fan 10:16 06 Nov 08

use google webmaster tools and your site should appear

slightlymad 10:36 06 Nov 08

...took three months to appear in Google's list. That was before I was aware of the importance of (a) the domain name and (b) the content reflecting key search terms.

To my amazement my last site took just five days, and comes at the top of Google's results for "Photoshop training in Kent".

Had I called the site just "Photoshop Training" it would be nowhere near the top - too much competition from established sites - but narrowing the search term to targeted visitors has paid off.

Forum Editor 08:33 08 Nov 08

I imagine the wait was over long ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017