How long does it take?

bretsky 17:33 07 Oct 04

Hi all, I recently downloaded MSGTAG free version and have it working with mailwasher and OE6.

when I send a test email to myself, the email is opened and read with the msgtag message and then 4 minutes later when mailwasher checks my mail sever for new messages, I get the msgtag notification to say that my test email has been delivered, however, I have sent a couple of emails(.doc file & jpg attachment) out today and even spoken to one of the recipients to enquire if they have received my email, which they said they had, complete with the msgtag message, but as yet I have had no notification what so ever.

So my question is how long does it take for the notification to come through bearing in mind that these sent emails are local.

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 17:56 07 Oct 04

Seems like the answer is here, I Got this from the FAQs web page

Where's my notification? I'm sure they've read my email!

It may be an incompatibility with some aspect of the recipient's mail configuration. While MSGTAG works reliably in almost all situations, some mail clients, firewall and mail configurations may be incompatible with MSGTAG-enabled emails.

A small number of email users have text-only email clients, which do not trigger tagged messages due to the fact that MSGTAG relies on an embedded image in the tagged message. Some email security products designed to filter out spam and viruses also inadvertently block the tags produced by MSGTAG.

Don't worry, this will not stop the recipient from receiving your email!

bretsky ;0(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…