How to log in as an administrator

astra46 16:03 03 Mar 04

I need to remove some unwanted programs.

How do i log in as an administrator?

How can i create an administrator account?

My pc is acting strange since i reinstalled xp. I cannot get windows update to work as well.

I dont want to change user accounts i just want my pc to boot up without entering passwords. As i am the only user there is no need for other user names.

tomleady 16:22 03 Mar 04

you can uninstall programs by going to: start Menu > COntrol Panel > Add or Remove Programs.

this should allow you to uninstall programs.

are you on a home pc? i dont think you need to create an admin account to uninstall progs.

Tom

powerless 16:28 03 Mar 04

By Default you are the Admin.

Click Start, Run, Type:

control userpasswords2

Click OK.

Remove tick "Users must enter..."

joelmb 16:37 03 Mar 04

Log off, so you get to the Select a user' screen, and press ctrl alt delete - this will bring up the administrator username and password prompt.

*Hopefully* these havent been set and you can log in as adminstrator without entering anything.

astra46 20:38 03 Mar 04

When i click on windows update. I get the message Administrators only. I am logged on as an administrator.

Could this problem be that i reinstalled xp a few months back??

powerless 20:43 03 Mar 04

click here and click on...

"When trying to use the Windows Update Web site you receive an "Administrators Only" error message (Windows XP only)"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…