How to locate .pst files for outlook express

jono366 21:02 07 Jul 07

I am trying to locate the .pst files for outlook express to save and transfer them to a new hard drive. Unfortunately the drive I am trying to recover the files from will not boot into windows and I have problems repairing windows. I can gain access to it through a USB caddy but am unable to locate the files. Can anyone please help thank you.

postie24 21:09 07 Jul 07

Do you mean dbx files.
I think pst files were used in outlook

jono366 21:30 07 Jul 07

Thought the files were .pst but could be wrong, I just want to save the old e-mails

postie24 21:34 07 Jul 07

c drive/documents and setings/your username/local settings/application data/identities/microsoft/outlook express

brundle 21:35 07 Jul 07

postie24 is correct, .dbx files are what you are looking for. Make sure hidden files and folders are shown in Explorer;
click here
Use a search tool that actually finds thing by default, unlike XP's built-in search; click here

jono366 21:40 07 Jul 07

Thats excelent thank you both for your help!

wee eddie 09:07 08 Jul 07

.pst files are from "Outlook" so your concept was right, just an information error.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…