How to keep my email private by eradicating stored username and password.

Triprajul 07:10 06 Jan 14

Greetings:

I don’t know if this makes a difference, but I use Mozilla Firefox when I surf the net. In the past, when I was using yahoo.mail.com (my usual email account), I was asked by Mozilla (or by Windows, I don’t frankly remember which) if I wanted my username and password remembered for when I logged onto my yahoo email account in the future. I very stupidly, it would seem, clicked “OK” to this proposal. However, I now need to lend my laptop to a co-worker. However, I don’t want this person to have any access to my email account. However, in spite of my best efforts, my computer still “remembers” my username and password whenever I attempt to log onto yahoo.mail account. Basically, how can I permanently erase my username and password for my email account from my computer’s memory?

Jollyjohn 09:48 06 Jan 14

Not sure how to remove user name and password but if lending laptop I would create a new user and put a strong password on your user account. This way your co worker wont mess up your settings and wont be able to access your email.

BRYNIT 09:50 06 Jan 14

If you do not have the menu bar showing click on firefox top left and select help type password manager and it will tell you how. If you read down the page to protect your passwords it will tell you how to create a master password.

Simsy 12:26 06 Jan 14

Try... On the menu go to Edit>Preferences Go to the "Security" tab

There is a tick box "Remember passwords for sites"

You can either untick that, or add the site in question to the exceptions.

I think that should do it.

However, I do think that a previous suggestion is better; Create another user account for the co-worker.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…