how is it that microsoft can shut down my pc mk2

dawnyworld 14:14 11 Sep 03

i recently had trouble with mpy pc shutting down it was giving a nt authority system notice and giving me 1 min to save all work .

after some realy hard serching it came to light that it was a new virus called ms blaster it was
so i downloaded the stinger tool and removed the virus

i went back to ms update site for the patch but my pc started to shut down again so i ran the stinger tool again and it said it was clear

i went back online and within a couple of mins my pc shut down again

again i ran the stinger again it said it was clear.

this time i rebooted onto different instalation of xp and turned my broadband of first i ran the stinger from here and it said all clear so i connected to the internet and went to ms update site as soon as i got there my pc shut down.
so now i did formmat of hard drives and reinstalled xp.
i updated my virus software ran the stinger and it gave me the all clear i then went to ms site again to dl all the updates but my pc shut down once again.

i rebooted again went online and managed to dl all the updates in blocks of about 5 just before it shut down i installed all updates rebooted and ran the stinger wich said all clear.i went back online but still it shut down

it was only a couple of days after microsoft anounced that it was a virus that was aimed at them that my pc stoped shuting down with the (nt authority system )when i went online .

so even after the virus was gone my pc was shut down for 4 days

so this is why i ask how can microsoft shut down my pc anf how or if can i stop them ????

ps I DO NOT HAVE THIS VIRUS NOW

Jester2K II 14:15 11 Sep 03
  Jester2K II 14:16 11 Sep 03

"so this is why i ask how can microsoft shut down my pc anf how or if can i stop them ???? "

MS are not shutting your PC down this is something INSIDE YOUR PC. MS do not have buttons or commands to shut down PCs at will....

Djohn 14:18 11 Sep 03

We are trying to help you, all of us. But it is almost certain you have the virus again.

Please try to forget what you have already done, and listen to the advise from jester, follow his instructions to the letter, then see if you can stay on-line. Regards. j.

Jester2K II 14:21 11 Sep 03

No forget it.

The MS Police are probably round the corner waiting for you.

Write a letter to Bill Gates, Microsoft, USA and ask him to stop shutting your PC down. Please.

dawnyworld 14:21 11 Sep 03

i keep telling you but you are not listening i dont have the virus wich part dont you understand

Jester2K II 14:23 11 Sep 03

And we've asked you for the FULL MESSAGE you are getting when it shuts down - which part don't you understand....

Does it state "Remote Procedure Call (RPC) has terminated" or something like that??

dawnyworld 14:24 11 Sep 03

please dont respond if you dont understand im askin a legitimate question and i dont like being insulted it seems to me this place is going down hill if your the best help

Djohn 14:26 11 Sep 03

Jester has done his up-most to help you! I feel it is most unfair of you to be sarcastic to him. Many others would have given up on this thread by now, but he is still here, trying to help. Please follow his advice. Regards. j.

Jester2K II 14:27 11 Sep 03

Nuts to this - I'm to got and watch paint dry.

Why can't you answer the question??

How are we supposed to help further if you don't answer ANY questions????? We need info - you haven't provided much. We need the answers...

dawnyworld 14:27 11 Sep 03

WHAT question

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…