How to install a SSD

iqs 20:21 PM 27 Jul 11

Hi, I will be reinstalling W7 soon,and will be buying a SSD HD. I was wondering how to install the drive and then W7 Thanks

sunnystaines 20:39 PM 27 Jul 11
  iqs 20:55 PM 27 Jul 11

Thanks for the links

retep888™ 21:07 PM 27 Jul 11

I just used double sided tape as well as blu-tack to stick 2 of these inside my full tower, they don't get hot at all and stayed there ever since.

If your tower has dedicated HDD bay for them ,that's fine if not get one of these SSD caddies click here and install them as though a SATA drive but smaller.

Win7 will be installed on it like no difference to a normal hard drive, because I installed them as RAID 0 so no other application was needed and they performed brilliantly for the last 2 years without any personal input/maintenance.

However if for a single drive then AHCI should be enabled in the Bios and some maintenance program should be run from time to time (so as I heard), please refer to your HDD's website/forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off