How to install RAM in pairs so that it will run in dual chanel?

SgtHawkins 20 Dec 12

I have 1gb ddr2 667Mhz PC2-5300 installed currently and i bought another one identical. As you can see my motherboard has 4 slots with 2 colours, in which slot should i put them so that they will work in dual chanel?

Chronos the 2nd 20 Dec 12

Sorry but we cannot see your motherboard. But I expect your 4 RAM slots have have alternate colours, on mine they are Blue Black Blue Black coming from the CPU/Heatsink. You want to put the RAM in the two blue slots (first and third).

If you can post the make/model of motherboard we will be able to confirm the colours of RAM slots.

SgtHawkins 20 Dec 12
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20 Dec 12

Put into the two blue slots DIMM1 DIMM2

SgtHawkins 20 Dec 12

afrer i put them into the blue slots, i won't have to do any settings?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20 Dec 12

The BIOS will automatically detect the type and amount of memory

you may see it count up as it first boots.

To check its using all the memory Click on My computor select - properties - general tab will list the cpu and amount of memory windows is seeing.

SgtHawkins 20 Dec 12

ok thanks for the help ! :)

Chronos the 2nd 20 Dec 12

This is your mobo.

Your coloured slots are together, 2 blue and two black, rather than alternate as is the norm these days. As Fruit Bat has said stick them in the blue slots. .

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message