How to install a new DVD player

Jeffersonrex 18:22 PM 24 Feb 13

In a recent post I spoke of the problem with my Windows Media player. It has now frozen to region 1 ( I understand why !this is not my problem) It was suggested I upload another player and delete the windows however this doesnt work as the Region 1 is set in the hard-drive. Is the only answer to remove the existing DVD player from my tower or will that make no difference as I suspect. Is there another way around it ?

mgmcc 20:22 PM 24 Feb 13

A DVD drive can have its Region setting changed a limited number of times before it becomes locked. If you go into Device Manager and double-click your DVD drive to open its Properties sheet, there should be a Region tab. This will tell you how many remaining changes you have and let you reset it to Region 2.

Jeffersonrex 08:26 AM 25 Feb 13

Thanks for your reply.....but I have done that and I know I have no changes left. What I really want to know is . Do I have to remove my existing player from the tower

mgmcc 09:25 AM 25 Feb 13

If you have no remaining changes then, to use Region 2 disks, you will need to replace the drive in the tower.

...unless something on this page will let you unlock it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:45 PM 25 Feb 13

Make and model of drive ? a firmware Flash will reset it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…