how to install network card drivers

nickyjane 10:02 21 Aug 05

Have reinstalled xphome on second machine, think I need to install new network drivers ( BB not working) how and where do I get them from , thanks

ACOLYTE 10:16 21 Aug 05

Are you trying to share the connection from 1 pc to the other?,if so you need to use the network set up wizard to share files and connection,the 2 pc's need to be connected either wirelessly or by a crossover cable,both pc's need a network card installed.

nickyjane 10:24 21 Aug 05

No, just trying to get bb working on pc. bb was working ok before reinstall of xphome.

retep888 11:54 21 Aug 05

Saw your original postclick here

It looks like your NTL modem is connected thru' the ethernet port.

Is your pc a self-built? If yes then the driver will be on the motherboard cd.

If it's from one of the pc manufacturers,then the driver should be on system/driver/utilities cd.

Having said that,by the way,have you updated your window,i.e. installing SP2,it can sometimes sort out this odd driver issues.

Strawballs 21:22 21 Aug 05

Is it onboard Lan or a PCI card, if it is a card then you need to find the manufacturer and model number from the card and then download the drivers from the manufactures web site, if it is onboard then it wil be on the mother board disc if you do not have that you will be able to download motherboard utilties from the motherboard makers web site.

woodchip 21:32 21 Aug 05

If your LAN is built in, the drivers come from Motherboard CD or Manufacturers site. If it's a PCI /LAN card then you need to know the LAN card name so you can download from the site

nickyjane 22:42 21 Aug 05

thanks guys got it sorted.

woodchip 22:47 21 Aug 05

What was it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…