How to install netgear

LANDCRUISER 12:24 07 May 07

i have two pc one running xp home & the other on vista prem, my isp is AOL,how do i get them both to connect to aol,i have bought netgear dg834 to replace my bt voyager 105 & downloaded aol 9.0 vr as aol recommend, i have two wires that came with netgear do i have to plug both of these in the pc & do i have to put the software on both pc,any help would be welcomed

Strawballs 13:23 07 May 07

Just connect one of the PC's to the router untill you have got it up and running are you you going to connect them by wire, by wireless or a combination?

You need to connect the modem/router to the phoneline in the same way as your voyager then connect one of the PC's to it via a wire and run the software on it and follow instructions, when running you can sort out the other one.

LANDCRUISER 13:42 07 May 07

hi strawballs,do i have to delete all the software from my pc first before i load the new software or do i load the new software over the top of old software

Strawballs 13:57 07 May 07

The disc that comes with the router is not exactly software it helps to access it's setup pages to configure it with your ISP, you are not installing software on your PC. Any others that connect to it just plug in and set internet options to connect via lan or via it's wireless function.

LANDCRUISER 17:54 07 May 07

I am having trouble connecting my old pc,i am trying to connect by wire connection but have found the ethernet cable plug socket is to big to fit my old pc,do they have different sizes, my last modem connected by usb cable,but my new netgear connects by cable,it will fit my new pc but not the old pc,would it work if i got the netgear dongle & connect wireless or do both pc have to be bluetooth enabled

Strawballs 20:21 07 May 07

It sounds like you are trying to connect to the old modem socket you might have to get a Network PCI card under a tenner and very easy to fit.

LANDCRUISER 22:45 07 May 07

Hi strawball,i thought the pci card was for laptops, where do you fit them & are there different type for pc all are they standard & fit all pc

Strawballs 23:29 07 May 07

Laptops use pcmcia slots PCI means taking off the side of the case and slotting it in and empty PCI slot.

click here

click here

You might be better off using your other machine which will have a network socket and get a USB wireless dongle for the other one and use it wirelessly.

Strawballs 23:32 07 May 07

This site might also help click here

LANDCRUISER 23:47 07 May 07

if i use the other machine ie vista,will my xp pc need to be bluetooth enabled when i put the dongle in

LANDCRUISER 23:24 08 May 07

B

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…