How to install Client for Microsoft Networks ?

VicSat 05:25 22 Nov 04

I bought a second hand Dell Optiplex GX110, Intel 3 862 Mhz processor, 256 MB RAM, 20 GB hard drive, with WinXP professional installed (but no disc provided) It had a broadband Internet connection that is now shown as unplugged. The modem is installed, and I have set up my ISP Internet connection.
When I open Network Connections, under dial-up I see Disconnected. Going to the change settings for this connection, I find under the ISP that the Client for Microsoft Networks is not installed.
Can I install it without the XP disc?

Jeffers22 08:09 22 Nov 04

I suspect not. Whenever I've installed or uninstalled networking components, the CD has been required, so unless there is either a hidden partition with a virtual Windows CD or the install files have been copied to the disk you may be in trouble. It may be available for download from Microsoft - but I do not know - you would have to go searching.

ACOLYTE 10:26 22 Nov 04

This is all i could find on the microsoft site and i dont know if any of it is what you wont
click here
Have you another OS cd you may be able to install from that.

VicSat 18:33 22 Nov 04

I thought so too Jeffers22 Searched Microsoft as suggested ACOLYTE. No luck. Have another XP cd but the OS on PC is more recent, and I'm asked for a second cd.
So I either format and install older XP, or bite the bullet and install Linux.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…