How to insert a 'tick' box into a word document

Dannyb 17:48 29 Mar 03

Can anyone tell me how to insert a 'tick' box into a word document. I am trying to devise a questionnaire in word 2000 and cannot see how to insert a tick box at the end of each question. The symbols thing only shows little diddy boxes which are a bit too small for what I want.

Also, do you know how to switch off the automatic date thing which is really annoying whenever you put a date into a word document it adds an American date version at the end if you don't watch the screen to delete it.

VoG™ 17:52 29 Mar 03

From the Help file

Add form fields to a form
You use the Forms toolbar to insert fields in a form that users will view and complete in Microsoft Word or in print.

In the document, click where you want to insert the form field.

Do any of the following:

Insert a fill-in field where users can enter text.

Click Text Form Field

You can specify a default entry so that the user does not have to type an entry except to change the response.

Insert a check box next to an independent option that users select or clear.

Click Check Box Form Field .

You can also use this button to insert a check box next to each item in a group of choices that are not mutually exclusive — that is, users can select more than one.

Insert a drop-down list box that restricts available choices to those you specify.

Click Drop-Down Form Field .

If needed, a user can scroll through the list to view additional choices.

Note Before you make a form available to users, protect it by clicking Protect Form on the Forms toolbar. Protection allows users to fill in the form but prevents them from changing the form's layout and its standard elements. When you want to go back to writing or modifying the form, click Protect Form again to remove protection.

Dannyb 18:36 29 Mar 03

Thanks VoG, all sorted except for the date thing.

VoG™ 18:44 29 Mar 03

Sorry Dannyb, I don't know how to fix the date thing. I agree it is an annoyance - if anyone knows how to turn this off (and without turning off other "autocomplete" features) I would be interested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac