How to increase size of Primary Partition

Indigo 1 16:49 31 Mar 04

I need to increase the size of my primary partition which was created in W XP Pro, NTFS format.

Secondary partiton is not necessary and has been deleted but can't find what I need to restore primary partition to fill entire disk.

I have installed and updated XP pro on Primary so I would like to leave it in place if possible (don't want to format C:).

Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

Chegs ® 16:51 31 Mar 04
  Indigo 1 16:55 31 Mar 04

Cheers Chegs, nice quick response but unfortunately it doesn't support W XP.

Anyone else ?

GaT7 17:14 31 Mar 04

Maybe Partition Magic will do it - click here

"...PartitionMagic® allows you to resize, create, move, split, merge, undelete, and convert partitions quickly and easily, without harming your data..."

Indigo 1 17:19 31 Mar 04

Hmmm,, seems a little expensive for just one job.

I am thinking about a free download of Bootit NG from click here it appears to do what I need and it is free to try for a time, any thoughts ?

GaT7 17:39 31 Mar 04

Bootit NG - had a quick look. It's worth a try I suppose. Would suggest a complete/comprehensive prior backup just in case.

Yes, PM is bit much for just one job.

How about PartitionExpert's free trial? Download from - click here? Wouldn't know if the trial had any limitations. To learn more about PE - click here.

Let's know how you get on...

Indigo 1 17:52 31 Mar 04

Will give it a try cheers.

beeuuem 18:32 31 Mar 04

Ranish is free from click here version 2.40 onwards work on XP

Indigo 1 18:41 31 Mar 04

Partition Experts free tial seems to be excellent, it has a nice GUI and is quick and easy to use but you cannot save changes as it is a TRIAL !

I hate that 8o(

Will try Ranish then.

GaT7 18:42 31 Mar 04

Indigo 1, whichever one you choose to use I would recommend backing up even if they claim that no data is lost in the process.

Indigo 1 18:57 31 Mar 04

Have already created backup onto another PC, Thanks anyway.

8o)

Having problems with Ranish though, I'm a bit confused with the GUI, not what I am used to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…