How to increase Font Size When Printing Web Pages

23790954 16:38 04 Oct 09

Hello to all you good forum members again.
This is the copy of a help message I have displayed on other computer forums, without receiving any replies, so I do hope someone can help me with this problem.
When I print web pages off, via my Canon printer, the content and text of the printed page, is VERY small, and difficult for someone like myself, in my 70's, to read.
I tried to alter the size of the content and font, by going into tools, browser options and appearance,and increased the size from medium to large, and although this did increase the size of the actual web page which was diplayed, to a size which was actually to big to fit the VDU, the print off of the web pages, still remained at the VERY small size.
Can some kind person advise me on how to rectify this problem.
Many thanks to all who are good enough to help me.

Kevscar1 16:53 04 Oct 09

Save it as a text file. Open in Word. Highlight all the text then increase font size.

bretsky 18:05 04 Oct 09

I would go to "File" in your browser toolbar at the top left and from the dropdown menu look for "printer options", you don't say which browser your using, but I use Opera 10 and from the printer options you can set page margins, headers & footers, backgrounds, print scale in percentages which alters the text sizing etc etc

bretsky ;0)

mooly 18:21 04 Oct 09

If it's IE7/8 click the little drop down arrow next to the printer symbol on the IE toolbar. Select print preview and you can alter text size for printing there under "shrink to fit".
If the edges dissappear you can always change the page layout to "landscape"

woodchip 19:04 04 Oct 09

In your Browser, Go to File top left then down to Print Preview. You can change the size of print from the drop down box it's as a % size

23790954 21:11 04 Oct 09

Thanks for all your help on this matter it was much appreciated.

woodchip 22:44 04 Oct 09

So did it sort it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now