How To Improve My GHz?????

js1_15 14:17 30 Dec 14

Before i start just want to say im not a computer whizz so i might need things dumbing down for me lol. Basically i am trying to find out the cheapest and easiest way i can up rate my GHz from 1.7 to 2.2 on my laptop, i installed a game yesterday but it wouldn't open and was bringing up a "crash dump" application error. After trawling various forums and trying countless things i have got know where, so i have come on here to ask for help with the problem. As i said at the start i am not a whizz with computers, so it could be something simple that i am or not doing. Any help would be appreciated, Cheers John.

Batch 14:47 30 Dec 14

Would help if you told us the model / cpu / specification of your lappie. How do you know it's not already running at maximum?

js1_15 15:05 30 Dec 14

Its a Packard bell mh36, all i know is that someone to do a "can you run it" test for the game i had installed and it came up saying i need 2.2ghz. So i dont know if i need to take it to a pc shop and have something upgraded?, or is there something i can do to get more speed?

Cheers John.

wee eddie 15:13 30 Dec 14

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news: As it is a laptop there is nothing that you can do.

1.7 is the maximum your Processor can do and it is not possible to change a laptop's processor

rdave13 15:20 30 Dec 14

I agree with wee eddie and even if you could it wouldn't be wise to play with overclocking if you don't know exactly what you're doing. Taking it to a PC repairer to upgrade the CPU would be too expensive I would think but you can always ask for a quote.

js1_15 15:26 30 Dec 14

Ok, to be honest all i wanted was a straight answer, as on most other forums i just kept going round in circles. Thanks for your help guys, Much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…