how to identify memory module speed ?

pcgal 14:50 17 Jun 03

Hi, Ive tried sisoftsandra to identify the speed of my memory modules but no good, can anyone suggest a program I can download and run that will give me the speeds of my dimms? The pc is a dinosaur by todays standards (an old dell) but not sure if its pc66 or pc100.......I know I could probably find out on the dell website but I've come across this problem before and it would be so much easier if I could run a program that will identify my memory speed and any future computers I find......thanx in advance...pcgal

Colin 15:48 17 Jun 03

This one is very good for finding out lots of detail asbout your pc's hardware.

click here

lymedis 16:45 17 Jun 03

DocMemory is available as a download from the CST website click here or
click here.
User needs only to execute the filename "install.exe" and a setup instruction menu will be
displayed. Select "make bootable A:" option and insert a blank diskette into drive A:
CAUTION:
Ensure you are in Microsoft Window Win3.1 or Win95 and Win98 environment. Other Win
Operating Systems such as Window NT and Window 2000 will not work properly. Also ensure the
diskette in the floppy does not contain important data, as the installation routine will perform a
format operation on the diskette.
Upon installation completion, reboot the computer with the bootable diskette inside drive A: and
you are ready to start the testing.
Good Luck

pcgal 00:21 18 Jun 03

thanx guys and especially lymedis for your time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…