//some 3rd party need geo

How how do I copy slides from my flatbed scanner

Tabatha 13:01 21 Jan 03
  Tabatha 13:01 21 Jan 03

Hi

I've just purchased a flatbed scanner (Astra Slim) from Umax. Read all the instructions ok. But there's nothing that I can see about copying slides.

Have managed to scan photo's etc, so was just wondering, do I need to buy an attachment or something?

Please help.
Thanks

Elrond 13:03 21 Jan 03

I think you need a 35mm transparency adapter. You can buy scanners that coe with them. So if you could take back your new one you may be able to swap and pay a little extra for one with this capability

hoverman 13:11 21 Jan 03

The Epson Perfection 1660 Photo, which I have, is great at scanning slides. It has a slide and film adapter(35mm only for both) which you place on the glass and a built-in light in the lid.

fudge 13:11 21 Jan 03

You can buy adapters for many scanners, which are quite cheap. Or stand alone film scanners for better results. Try click here

Tabatha 14:43 21 Jan 03

Hi again

Thanks so much for all your help. Fudge. I logged on to Jessops. Just wondering - do transparency adaptors have to be compatible? Or can I buy any?

If you could let me know.

Thanks,
Tabatha

siouxah1 16:51 21 Jan 03

Hi there Tabatha,

In respect of the Jessops film scanners. I would expect the dedicated slide/negative scanners to work with twain drivers. This means that they will be useable in any of your photo editing progs that support twain. Which should be most.

I use the Microtek 35 1800, which is the same as the Jessops. This works well with mounted and strip transparencies. The scanning of negatives might need a bit of colour correction work in some case.

regards Brian

pj123 18:16 21 Jan 03

I have a film scanner that take 35mm only. Negatives and slides. It's yours for £20 plus the delivery charge if you want it?>

Tabatha 10:18 22 Jan 03

pj123. Yes. Definately. Have you still got instructions, etc? I live in Suffolk, so let me know about post etc.,

Post a message soon, and we can discuss delivery.

Thanks.

Brian
Thanks for your help.

pj123 13:55 23 Jan 03

Hi.

yes I got everything with it including the box it came in.

I am in Norwich. I will check its weight and let you know the delivery, unless you come into Norwich at any time and then you could pick it up.

Pete

Tabatha 15:07 23 Jan 03

Pete

If you could work out the postage for me that would be great as I will not be 'down your way' for a while.

Shame really because we were on holiday in Cromer for the weekend of the 11th, and came home the Norwich way.

Isn't it amazing, out of all the people who must write on these boards, that you should live so near to me!

Post soon, to let me know. Then I will forward name and address, etc.,

Thanks
Tabs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…