How to Hide my IP Address

dssw19 20:59 23 Dec 12

I would like to know how I can either mask or change my IP address. I am a proffesional gambler and when I make a bet the betting company can see my IP address. When I place a bet from the same IP address they restrict the size that I can bet. I want to know if there is an easy way to stop my IP address being shown, or a way to change my IP address when I login. Is there any software or downloads one can recommend? Would this in anyway slow down my browsing speed or is this a tedious time consuming job? All advice greatly appreciated.

nickf 22:18 23 Dec 12

Go to downloads section of this website , in the security section you will find this ChrisPC Free Anonymous Proxy 3.50 . I think this will meet your needs .

Secret-Squirrel 09:29 24 Dec 12

" I want to know if there is an easy way to stop my IP address being shown,"

That's not possible.

"...or a way to change my IP address when I login"

If you're a home user then it should be easy. The chances are that the public IP address assigned to you by your ISP is a dynamic one. If so then to get a new address simply turn off your broadband router and turn it on again. To confirm whether the address has changed, use a website like this one.

PS: Proxy servers are great for users that need to hide their real IP addresses but they probably aren't the most elegant solution for your particular situation.

flashfaint 09:13 26 Dec 12

Hi, You can use Proxy servers or software like elite proxy switcher to change your IP address. If you are a home user than you will be having dynamic Ip address.Just restart your modem/router and system ,your IP will be changed. Visit IP-Details.com to check if your IP is changed.

janiman 06:54 09 Mar 13

This is a most commonly asked question on internet now a day,s. Yes sometimes we really need to change the ip address. I changed my ip address when my ISP blocked many websites in my country. I used hide my ip software for this purpose. Very small software and easy to install. Now i can access any website that my IPS had blocked. You can use it too.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia’s new Quadro P6000 is the most powerful graphics card in the world

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features, including new features…