How hard to fit Radeon graphics card?

dagwoood 15:59 18 Jul 04

I'm considering having a new graphics card but wandered what's involved.

I currently have a Crucial Radeon 9200SE, which I fitted myself with no problems. The card I'm considering having is Radeon 9550. As this card comes with a fan wandered whether it's just a case of putting the card in the AGP slot and that's all you have to do, or, as it's got a fan, is some other cabling involved? If so, is this difficult to install/fit?

Cheers, dagwoood.

leo49 16:11 18 Jul 04

Just a plugin job as a self contained unit.The only thing you might have to look out for is that the fan adds to amount of space the card will occupy - it may well overhang the adjacent PCI slot. Thus if that slot is occupied you may have to move the occupant to another slot.

dagwoood 16:16 18 Jul 04

Thanks for the info. I don't have any cards in my PCI slots so there's no problems with how much space the card'll require.

Thanks again, dagwoood.

-Beb- 16:24 18 Jul 04

Most low end cards only take up 1 slot so that isn't an issue with the 9550

dagwoood 16:34 18 Jul 04

I understand that the card'll only require the one slot(AGP), it was as per leo49's posting, I just had to take note that because of the space the fan will take up, I had to be aware that if I had a card in the PCI slot, I would've had to move it to make room for the fan.

Thank you anyway -Beb-, dagwoood.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…