How to hack an AT power button

Field Division 00:30 11 Oct 06

I have heard the AT power button can be hacked to control an ATX motherboard. ATX power button close the circuit only when depressed, while the AT button actually carries the current that the entire system is using,How is this done? I have a IBM netvista chassis with a new 478atx mother board installed but the front panel power connectors are different,any ideas??

Totally-braindead 10:57 11 Oct 06

Buy a new case is my advice for what its worth, you can get some really nices ones at Novatech click here

Eric10 11:19 11 Oct 06

I agree stongly with Totally-braindead. The power switch for an AT machine carries the mains voltage and actually switches the PSU on and off.

The AT and ATX Power Supply Units are completely different so even if you could 'hack' the switch you would need a new PSU. You can buy a new case with PSU for almost the same price as the PSU on its own. click here for more cases. These are the Value range but CCL also do a range of Deluxe cases if you want something more special.

Field Division 11:21 11 Oct 06

Cool guys...thanks for the reply,thats my mind made up then,

Cheers..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…