how to hack my registry

habs 22:11 21 Jul 04

hi everybody

I have windows xp home edition and IE6.I can't download more than two files at a time.

The technical support for the web site i tried to download told me that i can't download more than 2 files at a time Unless i HACK the registry.

I know it is dangerous if i do something wrong with the registry.

Can you please tell me how to change(hack) the registry to be able to download more that 2 files at a times.

Thank you for your help in advance
habs

stalion 22:15 21 Jul 04

what are the size of the files you are trying to download and are they movies?

Chegs ® 22:38 21 Jul 04
  habs 23:03 21 Jul 04

Hi there

for Stallion: There is no limit for the size of the files ,sometimes so big sometimes small.Yes they are movies.

For chegs: I like the link(web site you sent me).
I installed files called:iedownload10(VB script script file).an ALERT popup saying:

ALERT:MALICIOUS SCRIPT DETECTED
Object:windows script Host shell object
Activity:Reg write

your computer is halted and needs to do something about this script

I PUT STOP THIS SCRIPT.

Can you please tell me what is that.

Thank you all for the help.My kindest regards
habs

habs 23:04 21 Jul 04

Hi there

for Stallion: There is no limit for the size of the files ,sometimes so big sometimes small.Yes they are movies.

I installed files called:iedownload10(VB script script file).an ALERT popup saying:

I PUT STOP THIS SCRIPT.

habs

habs 23:04 21 Jul 04

Hi there

I PUT STOP THIS SCRIPT.

habs

stalion 23:13 21 Jul 04

I am on bt broadband 512 and can only download two files at a time if they are movies.Do not mess with your registry if you are not sure what to do,you could end up with a re-install

Chegs ® 23:40 21 Jul 04

Often vbs files are recognised as a virus/trojan,etc.The page offers advice on how to use these files.They can be examined in "Notepad" to ensure they ARE what they purport to be.Alternative is to go digging in the registry and manually alter the correct bit to increase the number of simultaneous d/l's to 10(I think it was)but regedit (especially for the novice) can seriously knacker windows,so various PC users have created these fixes.If you want,you can create a backup of the registry before running them,by typing "regedit" into the "Run" box,and using the buttons across the top of the resulting window.

GaT7 23:50 21 Jul 04

IE & more than 2 downloads - click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…