How Good Is MS Antispyware?

Taff36 08:06 26 Jul 05

My friend has just received a new work laptop and I am cleaning up his old one so he can give it to another friend. It had NAV 2005 on it but nothing else in the way of Anti Spyware etc.

I downloaded MS Antispy last night and ran it and it found only two problems. Both searchbars. I then downloaded Adaware with the latest definitions and that found 41 Critical Objects including 10 Possible Browser HiJacks!

Any thoughts?

Mavisk 11:03 26 Jul 05

I've never used it ,I use Adaware.But it got a less than favourable review in "pc pro" magazine,that found it missed 70 serious threats, that adaware,and spybot picked up on.So I wouldn't personally bother with it.

Jdoki 12:32 26 Jul 05

The only good thing is that it has real-time monitoring, so when it does catch something it catches it quickly and before harm can be done!! But I believe other programs do something similar. (Can anyone name any)?

I originally downloaded this product when it was in beta - is that still the case? Might go some way to explaining it's lack of performance...

Completealias 12:48 26 Jul 05

Its now in beta1 which has been extended till the end of the year

stalion 12:50 26 Jul 05

Spywareblaster,this is a good product and prevents spyware from getting on your computer in the first place.MS anti-spyware is still in the beta stage.A2 is good for scannng viruses,trojans and spyware
click here
click here

westfield driver 12:54 26 Jul 05

get aol and use their spyware trapper

stalion 12:57 26 Jul 05

get aol and use their spyware trapper I would not touch aol I don't like being cocooned

Taff36 12:57 26 Jul 05

Afternoon Chris!

Taff36 13:00 26 Jul 05

The reason I posted the thread, although obviously I was disappointed with MS Antispy`s performance, was that I regularly use and recommend Adaware, Spyware Blaster and Spybot Search & Destroy. I have never had a problem with these and I thought that MS Antispy might provide a one stop shop. Apparently not!

stalion 13:05 26 Jul 05

you have good enough protection with the above,if your interested in the ms anti-spyware I would wait for the release of the finished version
Regards

cgen 13:11 26 Jul 05

whats good about it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…