How good is gmail?

VNAM75 22:10 15 Oct 08

I've just created an account because my yahoo mail is having problems and I quite like the look and feel of it. Much better than hotmail which I don't like at all. A bit like firefox versus internet explorer?

Does your gmail capacity expand continuosuly as shown by the counter? Whats it like overall?

T I M B O 22:16 15 Oct 08

I have had Gmail for quite sometime, and i have never had problems. Its a fairley good interface, but i much prefer to use microsoft outlook for my emails so you can configure gmail to work on that. I currently have 7 gig on my account and i am no where near that, so give it a go.

sanchoPanza 22:17 15 Oct 08

very good overall,spam filters also good.
If you use firefox,the better gmail add on is also excellent,change theme etc.

VNAM75 22:23 15 Oct 08

Thanks for the info and advice. Glad I set an account.

anchor 10:30 16 Oct 08

No problems with GMail. The odd thing is that I always receive TWO copies of the same message; others don`t seem to have this anomaly.

VNAM75 18:55 16 Oct 08

Whats does it mean when there is a (2) or a (3) after the senders name in the inbox?

MAJ 18:58 16 Oct 08

"Whats does it mean when there is a (2) or a (3) after the senders name in the inbox?"

It means there are 2 or 3 emails in that conversation, for example:

1. Someone sends you an email.
2. You reply.
3. They reply to your reply.

etc. etc.

VNAM75 19:05 16 Oct 08

Arr right, thanks MAJ

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…