How to go about creating a network (with wireless)

Ade_1 19:59 08 May 06

Hi, i have 3 machines, 2 laptop, 1 desktop and i tried to setup a network but it didnt work, as said on a pevious thread, and i wanted to knwo how i go about doing a wireless, i clicked on the setup wirless network whilst in my network places, but i wondered if there was any tutorials or anything to help.

Thanks in advance
Aidan

RicScott 20:29 08 May 06

Depends on which network you want to set up..

Ad Hoc? Look here:: click here

A full router system?? :: click here

Hope this helps.

Ade_1 20:31 08 May 06

Well, i already have internet (obviously) wirelessly and wanted to be able to share things between the 3 machines easily. I have a modem router (BT Voyager 2110). which would be hte best route to go down?

mgmcc 22:44 08 May 06

If all three computers already have internet access via the router then they are networked. All that should be necessary is to ensure all computers are in the *same* Workgroup, set at least one folder in each computer as "shared" and configure any software to allow access to the networked computers.

In "My Network Places", by expanding the folder tree, you should then be able to see icons for each computer and their network "shares".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…