how to go from 4th page in google to 1st?

The GnoMe 11:49 22 Jan 04

Hi all, well after all your help with my site
click here
its working quite well but not getting as much hits as i wanted.
I am listed on the fourth page in google

click here|countryGB&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&start=30&sa=N

but with only a page rank of 3/10

other sites link to me, and i have meta tags, how can i get on the first page in google? and how can i get more people to my site?

thanks

tomleady 13:06 22 Jan 04

i think the more hits you get, the more likely it is that your site will jump up the search tables.

there is a place in liverpool called Wallasey, so that will add to the search pages.

i guess that word of mouth will help as well.

i'm also havin trouble with my sites on search engines. its so inconsistent. i posted a message a few days ago, and FE suggested taking out my meta tags. and the site stil comes up. that suggests to me that meta tags can be pointless.

sorry i'm not much help! i'm just ranting on......

tom

phil 20:34 22 Jan 04

One answer is not to repeat meta words over and over again.

Solicitors in Wallasey CH45 Solicitors in Wallasey CH45 in the UK cheap Solicitors in Wallasey CH45 online in the UK buy Solicitors in Wallasey CH45 cheaper find Solicitors in Wallasey CH45 CH45 Buy Solicitors in Wallasey CH45 in the UK cheap Solicitors in Wallasey CH45 online in the UK buy Solicitors in Wallasey CH45 cheaper find Solicitors in Wallasey CH45 CH45solicitor, wallasey solicitors,merseyside solicitors, lawyer, lawyers, law, law firm, wills, trust, probate, welfare benefit, conveyancing, accident, personal injury, Mersey, Merseyside, legal aid."

Search engines don't like it.

Forum Editor 23:08 22 Jan 04

you will not be popular if you use a series of variations on the same words in your tags. It really irritates people who are searching, and will have exactly the opposite effect to the one you want. Some search engines will delete you from their lists if you do it.

Search engines will find you even if you don't include any meta tags. Getting on the first page in Google isn't the secret of success, and if it could be done by having meta tags like yours we would all be there. Successful sites are those which attract their target audience, and your objective is not to get tens of thousands of hits. You want a few hundred hits from people in the UK who are looking for legal services, and the way to achieve that is not to be top of the list in Google. There are several excellent UK based engines which people use all the time when they need your type of service,and they're the ones you want to aim for.

click here for plenty of valuable information.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:08 23 Jan 04

I entered a few basic keywords for each page, that's all. One of my pages is number two in Google, out of almost half a million results.

Forum Editor 01:17 23 Jan 04

is unusual Barry (in the best sense of the word I hasten to add). Unique sites will always feature high up on the listings for obvious reasons.

IClaudio 08:45 23 Jan 04

Thanks for the link, FE, there's a lot of good stuff there!

Could phil up there ^^ be Phil Bradley - if so, nice one, Phil!

phil 19:31 23 Jan 04

Wrong Phil. Sorry

The GnoMe 20:41 23 Jan 04

thanks all i changed the meta tags i thought it would help my listing
thanks for the link, i will be sure to check it out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…