How to get Win98 to upgrade to 98SE?

The one and only Mr A 14:57 21 Jul 05

I'm looking at a machine for a friend of mine as his new camera requires Windows 98SE and he hasn't installed it. I thought it'd be a simple matter of using Windows update- but that hasn't worked. I also couldn't find anything on microsofts website. I've done this before on other machines with no problem and I'm a bit flummoxed as to why it won't work here.

Klof Ron 15:15 21 Jul 05

Widows 98SE was released as a separate issue, either as a Full CD purchase, or an upgrade CD, either way it had to be purchased. There was a freebie CD from MS, but it was a cumulative pack of previously issued updates, not an OS update.

The one and only Mr A 15:23 21 Jul 05

..so I've been barking up the wrong tree to some extent. Would you know where I might obtain that CD? The machine is pretty old, I think it may not really be worth trying to put a later version of windows on it.

Klof Ron 15:30 21 Jul 05

click here

Also try this click here you may get what you need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…