How to get webmail Sent Items into email client?

Pineman100 09:26 05 Oct 08

My wife runs Windows Live Mail as an email client, under Vista Home Premium. Her ISP is Tiscali.

While we were abroad on holiday, she handled a considerable volume of email as webmail - both incoming and outgoing. Now that we're home, all of the Inbox items have automatically downloaded to Windows Live Mail on her computer. However, she would also like to download all of the Sent Items in her webmail Sent Items folder.

Obviously she could forward them all to herself, one by one, but that's going to be a long, tedious job. Is there any way that all of the emails in her webmail Sent Items folder can be downloaded in bulk to her email client?

Many thanks for any advice.

Pineman100 10:04 05 Oct 08

^

Pineman100 18:15 05 Oct 08

^

Pineman100 17:58 07 Oct 08

Anyone got any ideas please?

Batch 18:25 07 Oct 08

Unless the specific webmail service supports such a facility, I very much doubt if you can do a bulk transfer.

Typically, when you see a list of the emails in webmail, the service has extracted the details from a mail database (server) and displayed them. When you then click on each one to display it in full the underlying service will retreive / display the specific email and has been specifically programmed to do this. Unless it also has specific coding to enable some sort of bulk download, it is unlikely that you can achieve what you are after.

In future, to avoid this, the best soultion is to BCC oneself when sending the email from webmail. That way the send items will be delivered to the inbox ready for download with the mail client.

Pineman100 18:48 07 Oct 08

I wasn't optimistic about a positive answer to my question, so I'm not altogether surprised by your helpful explanation.

However, your suggestion about blind copying is an excellent one.

Thanks very much for your response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…