How to get thumbnails to show as portrait?

herc182 23:07 23 Oct 07

How do I get thumbnails in windows explorer to show as they are taken? I.e. portrait shots to be in the right orientation instead of me having to tilt my head!

thanks

Technotiger 23:46 23 Oct 07

Download and install PicaView32, an excellent program for viewing and manipulating all your pictures. You can rotate the thumbnails so they are the right way up, and view them Full Screen - and do much more.

click here

Technotiger 00:01 24 Oct 07

When you have installed PicaView32, you can Register it for free, and get the full program.

Registration name = ACD DENNIS
Registration number = 697654457

Enter the details exactly as shown. This is not a hack, it is instructions that came with a PC magazine a while ago, which had the program on the magazines Cover Disk.

I am Spartacus 00:08 24 Oct 07

If you right click in XP there's an option to Rotate Clockwise/Anti-Clockwise (unless that's part of the TweakUI powertoy) in which case click here

herc182 09:04 24 Oct 07

Thanks.

But I dont know if those will actually recognise that the photos are in portrait as soon as i open windows explorer.
I had adobe album starter 3 (whatever that was!), but it became so slow to open a photo in it that i uninstalled it. Before I uninstalled it, if i opened a folder with pics in it, they would all be correctly orientated.

Bit annoying. Might have to reinstall it (and not use it,just for that feature!).

Technotiger 09:11 24 Oct 07

I urge you to follow my instructions above and install PicaView32 - you will not regret it, and will probably wonder how you ever managed without it previously.

Technotiger 09:14 24 Oct 07

Hmm, just a thought, dunno why I didn't mention this earlier, but - Windows Explorer?? one usually views pictures from a camera in the My Pictures folder!

herc182 11:27 24 Oct 07

i use adobe bridge to download photos from my memory card. I dont connect the camera, i just plug in the card.
will have a look. never seen that option before

Chillie 11:28 25 Oct 07

Having noticed your strong praise for picaview32; attempted to download from the link given. No luck; the ftp connection times-out.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Chillie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…