How to get rid of Windows welcome screen

hecate 18:52 01 Sep 05

Hi. Can anybody suggest how to get rid of 'Windows welcome screen' on start up. Also I've got a black blob following my mouse around,sometimes it almost obliterates the pointer altogether. Any help would be much appreciated. Hecate.
Windows millennium.MoBo Asus A7S333. Processor AMD Duron 1.3. Graphics ATI Radeon 7000 64mb

VoG II 19:08 01 Sep 05

If you mean that your XP is set up with a single user account and you don't want to enter a username and password then:

Start, Run, type

control userpasswords2

and click OK. Untick 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer' on the Users tab.

Graham ® 19:27 01 Sep 05

And hope it works in ME :-)

VoG II 19:29 01 Sep 05

Thanks for pointing that out.

I didn't think there was a Welcome Screen in ME ??

hecate 13:30 02 Sep 05

Hi. Many thanks for your response. Unfortunately it didn't work.If you can think of anything else I'd be grateful. Thanks again. Hecate

zemdarin 22:46 02 Sep 05

Downloaf TweakU1 that will get rid of the welcome screen easier than most other things, with just a click. you can download it from here
click here

hecate 11:39 04 Sep 05

Hi guys. I tried to download Tweak UI as suggested but my comp rejected it due to a missing file. However I now have other problems. No1, When I start comp everything loads as normal, (apart from my icons being all over the screen) then turns to the blue screen telling me there has been an error and to press any key to continue .This then enables me to use my comp as usual.
Problem No2. When I try to get into 'My Computer' or my 'Shortcuts file' on the screen, an error message says, Explorer Error in WMPDXM.DLL. Windows will now close. Can anyone help with these problems? All help gratefully received. Hecate

VoG II 11:52 04 Sep 05
  hecate 14:13 04 Sep 05

Hi VoG. Thanks for your help. Problem solved,talk about quick service!!!.Hecate

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…