how to get rid of vertical line?

palinka 18:50 23 Jan 09

I sent a list of names and addreses in an email.
Now I need that same list as a file so I copied and pasted it into word---but there is a vertical line at the left hand edge that I'd like to get rid of; How?, please.

woodchip 19:02 23 Jan 09

try clicking on the line, it should select it. if it does delete it

palinka 19:10 23 Jan 09

sorry, woodchip, can't select it. It's a thin line - approx width of the text.
and deleting one line at a time, which works sometimes, after a fashion, messes up the line and paragraph formatting.

palinka 19:12 23 Jan 09

"deleting one line at a time" should read deleting IT one line at a time - by putting cursor a beginning of a line of text and deleting

woodchip 19:14 23 Jan 09

One of the reasons I like Corel WordPerfect I have Reveal Codes I can turn on with just a right click and remove edit it

woodchip 19:16 23 Jan 09

Do you have a OCR Program? if you do try putting it through that then try in word to remove it

Eric10 10:03 24 Jan 09

In your Word document, try clicking just in front of the first word on the top row of text to set the insertion point. Now hold down the Alt key then left-click at the insertion point and drag the cursor over the block of text. The text should be selected without the line. Now copy the selection and paste into a new document.

palinka 10:42 24 Jan 09

thanks everyone - especially Eric10, whose instructions solved it without need for anything else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009