How to get rid of Trojans ?

paul_allard 08:22 14 Jun 04

AVG Anti-Virus has detected Revop.C in C:\Windows\System32.exe
and Downloader.Femad.Q in
C:\program files\WindowsMediaPlayer\WMPlayer.tmp
and cannot remove either. What should I do to remove these Trojans without "buggering up" my system ?

johnnyrocker 08:35 14 Jun 04

download spybot from the d/load section of this site
also what os?

johnny.

rawprawn 10:52 14 Jun 04

click here and download Avast Cleaner, it's free

paul_allard 10:55 14 Jun 04

Sorry, Windows XP Home

paul_allard 16:13 14 Jun 04

Spybot did not pick up either of the Trojans nor did Avast ! Running AVG Anti-Virus picked them both up again but could not remove them . Any suggestions ?

Baslla321 16:20 14 Jun 04

Try Mcafee avert stinger. That's what I used.

keith-236785 16:40 14 Jun 04

click here, download and install the 30 day trial of anti-trojan shield. the demo will not remove any trojans it finds but will tell you where they are on your system.

if you find they are in the system restore folder, post back and i will explaine how to remove ONLY the infected restore point.

a lot of people tell you to turn off system restore to cleanse your system, but there is no need at this point (turning off system restore means you lose ALL restore points and then have no chance of going back)

Fruit Bat 16:44 14 Jun 04

Indivual virus removers:_
Stinger click here
Microworld click here

/\0/\

struggle8 16:51 14 Jun 04

what if you have run all things like virus and ad-aware programs trojan seekers and thing alike and you still get an incling that you have a trojan of some sort what can you do

struggle8 16:53 14 Jun 04

can you run avast cleaner with you normal av on or will it conflict

rawprawn 17:14 14 Jun 04

Boot in safe mode and run Avast cleaner & Stinger, but I would turn off system restore the blighters hide in there.See what paperman's antitrojan shield comes up with first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…