How to get rid of Trojan Horse Dropper.Small.12.S

Peter-201580 06:47 28 Mar 05

When I boot up AVG tells me that I have the above mentioned virus, but cannot get rid of it. Any ideas? My only option appears to send it to the virus vault, but I want to get rid of it .

Amadas 07:43 28 Mar 05

First off, if you haven't already, download Ad-Aware SE and run with the latest update. Adaware should remove it.

You can also do a search for the following files:

NCASEP~1.EXE
NCasePackage.exe
NCaseinstaller.class (this one is probably within the downloaded program file folder)

Should you find these files then go to click here
for more concise removal instructions, especially within the registry.

Regards,
Amadas

Peter-201580 07:29 29 Mar 05

Amadas, I already tried AdAware SE, but it had no effect. I searched for the files you mentioned, but they could not be found. I tried the link you gave, but could not find the files that way either. A puzzle and no mistake. I had the virus as soon as I booted up this morning, so it is still lurking some where.

handful 08:16 29 Mar 05

click here
gets rid of most trojans..make sure you get the updates and use the free version!

GBL 10:11 29 Mar 05

Are you running XP with the System Restore activated?? It may well be hiding there, in which case you will probably have to switch off System restore and re-boot then put it back on again.

I also use AVG and Norton's together, Norton's put it in a vault and AVG sees it there, so I had to delete the Quarrantined items.

Peter-201580 16:08 29 Mar 05

Thanks Handful, I have the a2 scanner installed but it did not help this time. I have installed NoAdware and this appears to be successful.

Peter-201580 16:13 29 Mar 05

Hi Geoffy, I have had System Restore turned off when I have been scanning. I have quarantined the viruses in AVG Virus Vault, so I will delete them & see if this helps. At the moment NoAdware seems to have done the job.

SANTOS7 16:19 29 Mar 05

click here
RE= NoAdware you might want to read this....

Peter-201580 17:06 29 Mar 05

Thanks Santos7, now that I have read the review I have emailed them for a refund. Lets see what happens, but I am not holding my breath. When I did the free scan it showed 7-8 serious and dangerous virus. When I bought it and did another scan it only found 2, which I thought was a bit strange. Maybe the first scan scared the others off! I think not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…