How to get rid of junk ISPs on new PC

MannOne 00:41 31 Dec 03

I just upgraded to a faster new PC.On the desktop there are junk icons of AOL, Freeserve and others.As I've already an ISP, how do I remove the programs permanently? I understand they are rather iffy to remove!

Any advise is appreciated

hugh-265156 00:50 31 Dec 03

just use add remove programs.

if you never actually used these isps i dont think you should have too much problems,even if you did,i have used aol before and uninstalled it fine this way.

like most software it may leave behind files and folders incase you wish to reinstall again at a later date,these can just found and deleted by using start/search

use a good registry cleaner afterwards if you want to really remove all traces jv16 powertools click here is very good.

Stuartli 09:02 31 Dec 03

Bring the dialup connection box (i.e. as if dialling your ISP).

Select the Settings tab and then Connections tab.

You will find a list of the ISPs available. Select your desired ISP as the default.

Then highlight each of the others in turn and use the Remove button to get rid of them.

The desktop icons are only shortcuts; just right click on each one, except your preferred ISP, and Delete in turn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…