How to get rid of hiwinnager.dat

mr_mumbo 23:45 22 Aug 04

does any1 know how to get rid of the hiwinnager.dat file permanently because it causes my Internet explorer to crash when i try to access hotmail or try to access some sites. this is becoming more annoying and the problem is becoming even worse.
DOES ANY! KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF IT

winstonwolf 00:06 23 Aug 04

a read through this may help
click here

mr_mumbo 08:29 24 Aug 04

thank you 4 the advise but that doesnt seem to work on my computer.

rawprawn 09:32 24 Aug 04

click here download and run this.

mr_mumbo 11:55 28 Aug 04

I downloaded the escan and ran it, when it finished it said that i needed to reboot to fix some problems. i rebooted and now nobody can log on to computer.
when u click log on, it comes up with the background for a second then logs off automatically, pls help.
at the moment i am using my laptop.

VoG II 11:58 28 Aug 04

Try restarting in Safe Mode click here then run System Restore.

rawprawn 10:52 30 Aug 04

I can't understand how this problem has occurred by simply running EScan. Have you tried as VoG™ suggested, a system restore ?. If your out there VoG™, do you think a sfc could help in safe mode.

VoG II 11:02 30 Aug 04

Yes SFC might be worth trying if System Restore fails.

I don't understand how running eScan could have caused this either but strange things do happen.

mr_mumbo 23:47 01 Sep 04

i started the computer in safe mode but it still wont let me log in. i dont know how to log in as the adminstrator. pc world said it is probably a worm.

VoG II 00:04 02 Sep 04

Please post a HJT log click here

You may need to do this in 3 or 4 "chunks" and please double space it by adding a blank line after each entry.

mr_mumbo 10:20 02 Sep 04

i cant download it cause i cant log on to my computer. when i log on it logs off straight away. at the mo i am using sum1 elss computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…