How to get rid of banner ads on Firefox?

PC_HelpMe 17:25 28 Mar 10

Hi everyone,

I use Firefox and installed an updated version the other day. For some reason I now have banner ads on the pages I look at - and they weren't there before the update. How do I stop the banner ads from appearing on Firefox?

Technotiger 17:33 28 Mar 10

I use the Firefox add-ons ABP, RIP and Ghostery, don't get any ads at all.

VoG II 17:34 28 Mar 10

Try this click here

tonyx1302 08:49 29 Mar 10

Good morning Technotiger. I am interested in your recommended add-on, Ghostery. I have down loaded it but cannot fathom out how to get it working.
Could you point me in the right direction please?

Tony

Andsome 08:53 29 Mar 10

Personally, I would get rid of Firefox.

PC_HelpMe 09:15 29 Mar 10

I am considering getting rid as I've had so many problems with it recently - including it taking me to a totally different site to what I've selected from Google - but I heard Internet Explorer wasn't worth using either.

Technotiger 09:28 29 Mar 10

You should have a little Ghost icon bottom/right in FF, left-click on that icon to find all the options.

tonyx1302 10:33 29 Mar 10

Just seen it ! Many thanks Technotiger

Tony

Andsome 08:48 30 Mar 10

IE8 is superb.

birdface 09:01 30 Mar 10

I must admit I removed Firefox from my computer 2 or 3 weeks ago.
Pages kept freezing and I had to restart Firefox every time to get it back to normal.
Now IE8 was running fairly slow at the same time but I have put that down to an ISP problem.
IE8 is running really quick again and looks like everything is back to normal.
I would say when it is running like this it is far quicker than Firefox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…