How to get nofityed of a new e-mail

Ade_1 19:06 12 Mar 06

I was wondering if there is a safe free program where you can get notifyed of a new e-mail in your e-mail in box whilst using your desktop, i knwo there are ones for firefox but i wanted one that works whilst i was just on my desktop and not hvaing to open firefox.

Thanks
Aidan

phono 19:10 12 Mar 06

Mailwasher Pro will do that, not sure if the free version does try here click here

Jackcoms 19:17 12 Mar 06

So does Mailwasher Free click here

Ade_1 19:19 12 Mar 06

im assuming theyre safe? and dont send you spam or anythign like that?

Jackcoms 19:21 12 Mar 06

On the contrary, the whole point of Mailwasher is to help you filter out spam before downloading mail to your PC!

phono 19:23 12 Mar 06

As Jackcoms said, Mailwasher filters out spam, I use the paid for Pro version and wouldn't be without it, the free version is also very good, it just has a few less features.

remind 21:20 12 Mar 06

incredibly small free notifier, powerful rule set to filter spam - not as easy to set up as mailwasher but it's 100kb compared to 4mb
click here
glad i checked the home page, just had an update for the first time in months

GaT7 21:41 12 Mar 06

Get MailWasher version 2beta28 - the last free version that will allow more than one email account - from click here. G

Stuartli 22:10 12 Mar 06

Mozilla's Thunderbird posts a small envelope in the Notification Tray and also a musical note to indicate new e-mail(s).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now