How to get MSN icon to highlight in IE bar

ACOLYTE 14:11 27 Feb 05

Hi,

when i goto add the MSN icon to my IE tool bar
the icon appears there but is dimmed out and i cant click it all the other icons are ok just this one.

Technotiger 14:17 27 Feb 05

Hi, why not add the msn toolbar itself, you will then have quick access to hotmail, msn msgr etc.

On my IE I right-clicked on the windows msgr icon and then ticked msn to get the full toolbar.

Cheers.

ACOLYTE 14:37 27 Feb 05

Hi,

If i right click on the msn icon nothing happens and i dont get any options but the standard custonmise IE ones,i have Yahoo and google tool bars already so would really just like the icon to work to open msn,lol.

ACOLYTE 14:38 27 Feb 05

Hi,

ßéLâ, the icon appears ok it just doesnt do anything and is dimmed all the time.

ACOLYTE 14:42 27 Feb 05

It is Windows messenger icon.

ACOLYTE 14:48 27 Feb 05

I have both installed but use MSN7 more than windows MSN.

Technotiger 14:54 27 Feb 05

Me again - just noticed that if I right-click on any clear part of IE toolbar I get the options as mentioned in my 1st response above, not just on the WinMsgr icon.

The options I get are - StandardButtons/AddressBar/Links/MSN/DAPBar/AskJeevesBar - under which is shown Lock the Toolbars and Customize.

Technotiger 14:56 27 Feb 05

or do you have the MSN option in your IE toolbars View dropdown menu?

ACOLYTE 14:57 27 Feb 05

Hi, i get most off those exept MSN/DAP/Ask jeeves
but as i dont have DAP and Jeeves installed thats ok ,lol thx.

Technotiger 14:58 27 Feb 05

or again - perhaps you need to Repair IE -

click here

Cheers.

ACOLYTE 15:05 27 Feb 05

I just checked the IEspell icon and that doesnt highlight either but i can add it to the IE bar,is there a limit to how many icons you can have showing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…