how to get max resolution in LED HDTV when linked with laptop

arpit_rathore7 20:25 PM 28 May 11

I just bought a Samsung LED HDTV(full HD 1080p,32 inches) mainly to connect it with my laptop(MSI GX660, native resolution 1366768, ATI radeon HD5870M, core i5-460M, 4gb RAM). Now,the problem i am facing right now is that when connected,the resolution of the HDTV does not go above 16001200 in spite of it being a full HD ,which i suppose should go to its max resolution i.e. 1920*1080. Currently I am using a VGA cable to connect the two(following the advice of samsung customer care executive that samsung recommends VGA for better quality picture). Anyways,now plz give me some advice on how to get the full HD resolution on my HDTV while connected with laptop and also tell me is it better to connect via HDMI cable instead of a VGA cable and does it helps in getting the full HD resolution. A step by step answer will be much appreciated.

BRYNIT 08:48 AM 29 May 11

You will get a better picture quality via a HDMI cable.

With the TV and Laptop switched off connect the HDMI cable. Turn the TV and laptop on and switch the TV to the correct HDMI channel. You may have to go to Start/all programs/accessories/connect to a projector or press one of your F keys to select the TV.

If you want sound through your TV you may have to right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar and select playback devices, from here change the default output to HDMI.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites