How to get IE back after BT router installation

Amer 16:38 19 May 06

Hi

I have just installed a new BT Broadband Router and all is well but whenever I open a web page, it uses BT Yahoo browser whereas I want to stick with what I am used to ie Internet Explorer Browser. Also, none of my favourites are showing, there is no 'Favourites' tab on the BT Yahoo browser. How do I restore my previous settings

Anty help appreeciated

Amer Khalil

Jackcoms 16:48 19 May 06

Control Panel; Internet Options, Programs.

Ensure that 'Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser' is ticked.

Amer 16:53 19 May 06

Thank you JAckcoms for your advice

I did as you said but each time I revisit a page the BT browser comes back into platy and the tick has been 'unticked'...very annoying

Amer

Jackcoms 16:58 19 May 06

Can you uninstall the BT browser?

mikef. 17:20 19 May 06

Control Panel; Internet Options, Programs.

Reset web settings

and don't forget to apply

I've got BTYahoo as well and this works everytime to get the default back to IE

Also Favourites in BTYahoo is Bookmarks and you can import your favourites from IE

Amer 17:21 19 May 06

I thikn problem is solved

Thanks for all your help BT Browser is no more!!!!

Scribbler 17:04 06 Aug 06

Tried the above but it didn't work - the 'Apply' option was not highlighted. Any ideas?

Scribbler 17:17 06 Aug 06

I've recently changed my BT router for a BT Broadband Home Hub router. This gave me the BT Yahoo! Browser, when I wanted IE6, which I had previously. Following the advice in another thread I've managed to revert to IE6 but I want my home page to be BT Yahoo. On IE - General - Home Page the 'Home Page' option is not highlighted, so I can't change it to BT Yahoo. Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…