how to get a gif image from html

diddi.ash 17:20 22 Aug 07

just created my own glitter image and its come up with the html code to put on my website but i want it as a gif code so i can email the image to my friends, does anyone know how to do this?

Kate B 17:21 22 Aug 07

Can't you just right-click and save as on the image?

diddi.ash 17:25 22 Aug 07

no i tryed that

mfletch 17:39 22 Aug 07

use photobucket?

mfletch

diddi.ash 17:47 22 Aug 07

yes i have put a request in photobucket, as when i do it just get the html link, cant put that in email as the image does not show, cant use photobucket as there is no image to upload!!

Pineman100 18:07 22 Aug 07

Are you sure it's a .gif image? If not, have you tried opening it in something like Irfanview, which can cope with a wide variety of image formats? You could then save it as a .gif.

DieSse 18:13 22 Aug 07

"just created my own glitter image"

How, and with what software, and what form did you save it in?

You say "its come up with the html code to put on my website" - but html code is not an image - so perhaps you can explain a bit more what you're actually doing please.

diddi.ash 19:37 22 Aug 07

yes i went on click here to add glitter to my image and when you have finished it just gives you the html code to put on your website but i want it saved as gif so i can use in my email??

DieSse 19:48 22 Aug 07

I don't think what you are seeing is an image in the normal sense - but an HTML effect. So I can't really see how you are likely to capture it except with a camera. Most digital cameras can capture video clips - even a webcam at low resolutions.

Or you could construct a web page with an image, add the glitter code to it - then send that in an email.

But since you never actually have a glittery image, I can't see how it can ever be converted to, say, an animated gif.

Kate B 19:56 22 Aug 07

Or you could do a screengrab and save that using something like Paint and then paste that into your emails.

DieSse 20:02 22 Aug 07

Well - if in doubt - try it out!

On the web page from your link - I wrote some text and sumitted it for glittering.

I was sent to a page that showed the text glittering - so far so good.

I right-clicked (each letter inturn) andsaved the imahes on my system

I then pasted them into an email which i sent to myself- and lo and behold they showed up as glittery text.

So they really are animated gifs, which you can save and piut straight into an email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…